Union has a sanctuary full of beautiful stained glass windows. The largest is the round Rose Window in memory of Professor James Andrews. He operated the Union Academy, now a house on Academy road where Bob and Audrey Whiteside formerly lived. His grandfather sold the property from his farm for the original church building. He operated Unions High School for many years even though he was partially paralyzed. One of the last teachers to serve there was Mr. Hugh Foresman. He left Union and moved to Chicago where he eventually became president of Scott, Forseman and Company, one of the largest producers of school books in the world. He never forgot his Union roots however, for when Union was thinking about purchasing our pipe organ he donated the money to purchase the console in memory of his wife’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Bordley Shippen Patterson in 1931. The Shippen name came from an ancestor who was the first mayor of Philadelphia. Incidentally, in 1879 a reunion was held for the graduates, their descendants and friends of the Union Academy at Union Presbyterian church. People attended from 4 continents. According to the book “One Hundred Years of Education in Colerain Township”, there were nearly three thousand attendees.