On June 22, 1811, 209 people met and pledged $1,588 to build the first Union Church building. Union received its name because it was the union of seceder Presbyterians and other Presbyterian congregations. Eight months later, on February 25th, 1812, the first trustees of the Union congregation purchased 1.84 acres from Joseph Andrews for ten dollars. A building committee was appointed and erected a 36 x 40 feet stone building across the road from where the current building now sits. Rev. Ebenezer Dickey of Oxford Presbyterian Church preached the first sermon in the new sanctuary. There were about 20 charter members; each one provided their own wooden pew. On Sept 24, 1816, The Union Presbyterian Church was granted a charter, and the New Castle presbytery ordained the first elders in the church. Today, 200-plus years later, Union Presbyterian Church continues to thank God for his faithfulness in sustaining the gospel ministry that has taken place in and through Union church and for the many generations that have been part of this church family. We pray that God would continue that work now and into the future so many more generations would come to know, trust, and be transformed by the good news of Jesus.